I suggest you ...

Support Subscribing to reviews from particular SCM systems

see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12219707/code-collaborator-file-subscription-for-whole-git-repo

Code Collaborator stores which SCM system a set of changes has been uploaded from, but file-pattern-based subscriptions do not allow matching on that information. Add a way to subscribe to code changes from a particular repository.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cody CasterlineAdminCody Casterline (Admin, Code Collaborator) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cody CasterlineAdminCody Casterline (Admin, Code Collaborator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@mac:

Subscribing to particular branches in Git is a bit of a technical problem. Branch names are just conveniences for users -- a user's local branch names might not match those on your server. And if you're doing "pre-push" reviews, there's no way to be sure which branch(es) a change is destined for.

• macmac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding git repos in particular: Furthermore, it would be great to be able to subscribe to reviews by branch as well.

I might be interested in subscribing to all code reviews on the master and develop branches, but not on some feature branches.

Overall, it would be good if the whole subscription idea would be mix of different filters, not just the two separated options of "by author" and "by filepath".

I wouldn't see a problem with having to choose the SCM first (so specify "git" in this case) and then having to choose further parameters that might be then SCM specific.

Feedback and Knowledge Base